More 5G system enhancements are reaching maturity with the completion of Release 17.
The "Release 17 Description; Summary of Rel-17 Work Items" (TR21.917) is now in production, with the Work Plan manager adding summary notes for each of the Features within. Although the detailed data on each piece of work (Studies, Work item descriptions, Features) is available via the work plan, or via the 3GPP Portal, we hope that the "initial state" (pre-Change Request state) of the Features in TR21.917 will be of use to you.
The following areas were prioritized at the December 2019 TSG meetings, for inclusion in the release:
Some Background on Release 17
- 3GPP Work Plan review at Plenary #94e (SP-211658)
- Release 17 Update from SA2 - March 2021 - Lists the new Release-17 study items and work items, approved as the focus of further enhancements to the 5G system and enablers for new features and services.
- Evolution towards 5G-Advanced - May 2021 - 'Release 17 on time...'
- Press Release: "Release 17 timeline agreed" - December 14, 2020
- News story on "5G in Release 17 – strong radio evolution" - December 14, 2019
- TR21.917 the "Release description; Release 17", will be approved and published at the end of the Release. Prior to that, draft versions will be available.