CT WG6 - Smart Card Application Aspects
Within the 3GPP Technical Specification Group Core Network and Terminals, the main objectives of the 3GPP TSG CT WG6 (CT6) are:
The development and maintenance of specifications and associated test specifications for the 3GPP secure access applications, which are based on secure platforms (e.g. UICC) developed by ETSI TC SCP and the interface between these applications with the Mobile Terminal.
- Subscriber Identity Module (SIM), which is used by 2G systems;
- Universal Subscriber Identity Module (USIM) application, which is used by 3GPP systems;
- IP Multimedia Services Identity Module (ISIM) application with the exception of the security algorithms (developed by SA WG3);
- Hosting Party Subscription Identity Module (HPSIM) application.
CT WG6 is currently responsible for the design and specifications of the evolution of the USIM application:
- for securely accessing 5G networks over 3GPP and Non-3GPP accesses;
- providing user privacy by concealing the users’ identity in 5G networks;
- to support configuration capabilities for 5G services, e.g. steering of roaming, V2X, wireless wireline convergence, multi device multi identity;
- specification of 5G related conformance tests for the interface between UICC applications and mobile devices.
Terms of Reference